Sleeping is a beautiful journey from the time we close our eyes till we wake up. The feeling is heavenly! And nobody would ever like it if that feeling is interrupted with some disturbance or with an uncomfortable sleep. While some disturbances are natural, uncontrollable and we can’t do anything about them, we have a perfect solution for the uncomfortable sleep. A night of good sleep depends on how deep your sleep is, also if you are having a deep sleep even the external disturbances will not affect your sleep(depends on the type of sleepers). Good sleep depends on the mattress that you use. The kind of mattress you use decides your sleep and your sleep decides your mood the next day.
A mattress can last up to approximately 15-20 years depending on the quality as well as the brand. An old mattress even if it is not torn from outside would start giving you aches as the internal parts, the foam used would have lost its quality and thus stops giving the same comfort as it used to give when you brought it new or in the starting few years from the date of purchase. Earlier there were not many options for the mattress but as years passed we have different types of mattresses available in the market such as latex mattresses, spring mattresses, foam mattress, memory foam mattresses, coir, air circulating mattress. While this is an advantage for people it also becomes quite difficult to choose a good mattress when we have so many options.
Firstly, it is important to understand what is a good quality mattress. A good mattress in simple terms is the one that gives you sound sleep without any issues or pains. Secondly, it is important to know what kind of mattress will give you a sound sleep. Not all the mattress suits everyone because the level of firmness according to the bodies will be different. Some like extra soft, some like the medium firmness. The kind of mattress you choose should depend on several factors like the position you sleep in, your body type, height, weight, etc.
Let us have a look at which mattresses are good for sleeping depending on the different types of sleepers.
- Front sleepers: This kind of sleepers usually sleep on with their face down. Front sleepers should go for the hard mattress like a high foam density mattress or a pure latex mattress that’s because these mattresses are breathable.
- Back sleepers: The Majority of the people are back sleepers. For these kinds of sleepers, the mattress should neither be extra soft nor too firm. The mattress should support your spine and should adjust according to your body shape hence it is recommended to use a memory foam mattress that is breathable.
- Side sleepers: For side sleepers, the mattress should contour to the body shape, it should be breathable, durable, and should not be very hard. So according to the requirements, a memory foam mattress or natural latex mattress is recommended.
- Light sleepers: Light sleepers are the one’s whose sleep is easily disturbed even with the slightest sound. For these kinds of sleepers, mattresses with more coils are recommended as they conform to the body movement.
- Sleepers who have health issues: People suffering from back pain, neck issues, or other body pains must be very keen on choosing a mattress because we don’t want to make it worse. For, these kinds of sleepers doctors also recommend going for an orthopedic memory foam mattress that will give extra comfort.
Conclusion: Understand your sleeping position and accordingly choose the mattress that is well suited for your body and that gives you a peaceful and sound sleep