Lower back pain is common among elder people, it is caused by an injury to a muscle or a ligament. There are more than 10 million cases per year in India. Common causes for lower back pain include poor posture, improper lifting of heavyweights, sleeping in an uncomfortable position, substandard mattress and pillows, a fracture, prolonged sitting and laying down, lack of regular exercise, arthritis.
A spine is a complex structure made up of a group of small bones that act as our body’s central support structure. Different parts of our skeletons such as the head, chest, pelvis, shoulders, arms, legs are connected to the spine. Our spine is flexible and has elastic property due to elastic ligament and spinal disks. Due to our continuous lazy lifestyle and poor posture, our spine gets affected and tends to become weak and less flexible and a person starts to develop back pain. Most of the people who lack exercise and follow poor posture are the victim of lower back pain. Substandard mattress and pillows are also identified as the reason for the development of lower back pain but most people do not pay much attention to their mattresses and pillows. Such people should use a pain-relieving mattress or spine cure mattress to have a comfortable sleep. If care is not taken at the beginning the pain may get worsen and cause trouble in old age.
Orthopedic doctors recommend a spine support mattress for lower back pain patients. This mattress comes with a high-performance design with a soft and uniform foam layer to provide firm posture and spine support.
5 benefits of using spine support mattress –
- A spine support mattress is recommended by an orthopedic doctor.
- It has a dual comfort that is can be used on both sides.
- These mattresses are usually soft and firm and best suited for deep sleep.
- Does not harm the spine structure and helps maintain proper spine support.
- Helps to relieve back pain.
Precautions for lower back pain –
Lower back pain is not a disease, it is a condition where a person develops pain in their spine due to various reasons. The condition of the bone also matters a lot since the spine is made up of small bones.
- Exercise and stretch regularly, Yoga practice is recommended.
- Do not use a hard and uneven mattress for longer periods.
- Try to sleep in a proper body posture.
- While sitting and working on a chair for a longer duration, try to maintain a proper body posture and alignment.
- Do not lift heavy weights without proper techniques.
- Warm-up your body before stretching.
- Practice advanced body stretching only under the guidance of an expert.
Therapies for mild back pain –
- Physical exercises such as Yoga and aerobics for 20 – 30 minutes daily.
- Rub heating pad on the affected area.
- Lowe back massage.
If the pain is uncontrolled and severe immediately consult an orthopedic doctor.